Here are some gift ideas for the dad who still has every mug and tie and book from Father’s Days past…
1. A million dollars – haha, kidding, but some lottery tickets might be nice.
2. A shaving kit. When was the last time he updated his razor technology?
3. Tools, like a dremel saw or high powered flashlight, or a car cleaning kit.
4. Your undivided love and attention. Listen to his old stories and create some new ones.
5. Take him to a movie – Today’s new releases are from his era – Star Trek, or Superman.
6. Do something he hasn’t done in years – go fishing,to a car show, antique shopping – strolling down memory lane together is good for the soul.
7. Let him pick the restaurant – fish and chips, gourmet burgers, or sushi.
8. A t-shirt – either a funny one with “National Bank of Dad” on it, or a cool one for the rock star dad with his favorite band on it– The Beatles, The Stones, or U2.
9. Ease his pain – a new pillow, a foot massager, insoles, or microwavable heating pad for his back.
10. A bathrobe – simple and luxurious.